Philosophy and Care Approach
At McDowell Place of Danville, we believe that everyone deserves to live a life that is full of dignity, respect, and purpose. Our memory care program is designed to provide residents with the highest quality of care possible, while also helping them to maintain their independence and sense of self.
Our approach to care is based on the following principles:
- Individualized care: We believe that every resident is unique, and we tailor our care plans to meet their individual needs.
- Person-centered care: We focus on the whole person, not just their diagnosis. We understand that dementia is a complex disease that can affect people in different ways, and we work to provide care that meets the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of each resident.
- Family involvement: We believe that families are an important part of the care team. We encourage families to be involved in their loved one’s care, and we offer a variety of resources to help them stay connected.
- Recreation and engagement: We believe that it is important for residents to stay active and engaged. We offer a variety of activities and programs that are designed to stimulate the mind, body, and spirit.
“Embrace Every Moment” Program
Our “Embrace Every Moment” program is designed to help residents live their lives to the fullest. The program includes a variety of activities and programs, such as:
- Social and educational events
- Music and memory programs
- Exercise classes
- Art therapy
- Pet therapy
- And more!
Services and Amenities
In addition to our comprehensive program of activities, we also offer a variety of services and amenities, including:
- 24-hour licensed nursing care
- Medication management
- Personal assistance with activities of daily living
- Spacious studio apartments with private baths
- Secure environment
- Enclosed courtyard for walking and relaxing
- And more!
If you are looking for a memory care community that can provide your loved one with the highest quality of care, please contact McDowell Place of Danville today. We would be honored to welcome you to our community.
About the Positive Approach to Care
The Positive Approach to Care (PAC) is a philosophy of care that is based on the belief that people with dementia are capable of living meaningful lives. PAC emphasizes the importance of creating a positive environment that is supportive of residents’ dignity, respect, and independence.
At McDowell Place of Danville, we are committed to providing care that is based on the Positive Approach to Care. Our staff is trained in PAC principles, and we work to create an environment where residents feel safe, respected, and valued.